UASGC Robosquad, Team 5891, was founded in 2016 by students of The Urban Assembly School Of Global Commerce. When the team first started off we had limited resources, such as no lab, a few tools and only a few mentors. Even though we had these set backs, we sill had the motivation and perseverance to move forward. The team focuses highly on Business and Engineering projects to expose students to different career fields and post-secondary options.
In our first two years of competition, we received help from the RoboTigers, team 1796 of Queens Vocational and Technical High School. In our first competition we won the All Star Rookie Award, which was a big win for us. We then went on to win the 2017 NYC Regional Award with the alliance teams Barker Redbacks 4613 and teams RoHawks 3419.
Currently this year, some of the team members that graduated last year are attending:
- Darleane Torres will be attending Hampshire College in Massachusetts to study Technology and Business.
- Aminah Ashrafi will begin a paid internship with FIRST Robotics.
- Cristy Galarza will be attending Medaille College up in Buffalo New York to study Vet Tech.
- Tyreee Coger will be attending Baruch College to study Computer Information Systems.
- Henry Zapata will be attending John Jay College of Criminal Justice to study Forensic Psychology.
- Theodore Perry will be attending Morrisville State College.
We are expanding the team, and preparing for next season. For our new recruits, we are going make sure they know what they need to do while their are in the team, like how to be safe while working on the robotics team.
If you need more information please contact us at email@example.com or visit The Urban Assembly School for Global Commerce.